“My House shall be called a house of prayer…” Matthew 21:13 – From the pastor, Joshua Harvill (sermon on Feb. 7)
A foundational platform: To emphasize prayer. (Philippians 1:1-11)
Through prayer, we will be the people God wants us to be. People who pray are the people God uses the most. You don’t have enough time in the day if you don’t PRAY!
God isn’t going to do great things in our midst until we pray.
1. Great FREQUENCY
Always be engaged in prayer. We should pray regardless of the outcome.
Pray without ceasing. We should always be CONNECTED with God. (like being connected to an i-phone! or Blackberry).
2. Great FAITHFULNESS: (vs. 4)
Through prayer we can make the biggest impact on life.
A diligent worker always prays.
3. Great FERVOR
WHAT DO WE DO ABOUT IT? (Action Points)
1. Commit: Everyday pray for the child on the heart.
2. Prayer Walk: Pray for people groups together.
3. Cottage Prayer Meeting: Sharing in homes
4. Groups meet before church: Leaders, staff, Sunday School teachers: pray and be prayed for
5. Encourage prayer in our daily lives
“ARE WE PRAYING LIKE WE SHOULD?”